The Tribune dated 13th January 2022.
Comments by Simranjit Singh Mann: Shiromani Akali Dal (Amritsar) states that the author Luv Puri’s commitment to Hindutva must be a compulsion in praising THIS (Theocratic Hindu Indian State) in its role in the UN. But we must ask why the Hindu Indian state has not implemented the UNSC resolution of 1948 which directs that a plebiscite be held in Kashmir to democratically and peacefully solve this vexed imbroglio?
THIS (Theocratic Hindu Indian State) has not signed and ratified numerous UN protocols, treaties, covenants and conventions on Human Rights, some of them being:
1. 1948 Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide.
2. 1951 Convention relating to the Status of Refugees.
3. 1954 Convention relating to Status of Stateless Persons.
4. 1960 Declaration on the Granting of Independence to Colonial Countries and Peoples.
5. 1965 International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination.
6. 1966 Optional Protocol to the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights.
7. 1967 Protocol Relating to the Status of Refugees. It is because there are still 30,000 Sikh Stateless refugees in Kashmir since 1947.
8. 1972 Treaty on the Limitation of Anti-Ballistic Missile System.
9. 1972 Convention Concerning the Protection of the World Cultural and Natural Heritage. If this Convention had been followed, neither the Darbar Sahib, the Golden Temple would not have been reduced to rubble nor the Babri Masjid in 1992.
10. 1984 Convention against Torture and other Cruel Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment.
11. 1984 Safeguard and guaranteeing protection of the Rights of those facing the death penalty.
12. 1995 Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons.
13. 1996 Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty.
14. 1997 Convention on the Prohibition of the Use, Stockpiling, Production and Transfer of anti-Personnel Mines and their Destruction (the Ottawa Convention on the abolition of landmines).
15. 2001 Rome Statute, by virtue of which the International Criminal Court has been set up at The Hague.
16. 2010 The Convention on Cluster Munitions prohibits all use, stockpiling, production and transfer of Cluster Munitions.
We must be impartial in are judgment in assessing the role of the Hindu Indian state in the UN and UNSC.
Mr. Puri must know that the states of the United States such as California Assembly, Pennsylvania Assembly, Connecticut Assembly and New Jersey and others have passed a resolution in their respective legislatures that THIS (Theocratic Hindu Indian State) has committed the genocide of the stateless Sikh peoples. We would like Mr. Puri’s comments on the crimes of genocide, memoricide, vandalism and ethnocide, all of which the Sikhs have suffered since 1947 at the hands of the Hindu state.
Simranjit Singh Mānn,
Shiromani Akali Dal (Amritsar),
facebook page: @sardarsimranjitsinghmann