Need for Ottawa and Canberra to confirm whether the Hindu Indian state is going to keep the Sikh’s perpetually in the dock. – Simranjit Singh Mann
The Tribune dated 3rd February 2023
Comments by Sardar Simranjit Singh Mann: Shiromani Akali Dal (Amritsar) states that THIS (Theocratic Hindu Indian state) is unnecessarily crying wolf, when as a fact the Sikh’s abroad are holding meetings and protests peacefully and democratically.
The fact is that the Sikh’s have grave political issues living within a majoritarian Hindu state that has curtained their freedom and liberty.
Currently the issues that agonise the Sikh peoples are:
1) Sikh political prisoners have been languishing in jails, in pitiful conditions, for the last 32 years. This issue has been raised in the Hindu state’s Parliament on December, 2022.
2) The Sikh’s have their own Parliament the Shiromani Gurudwara Prabandhak Committee which came into being by an Act of Law in 1925. Elections to this House are to be held after every 5 years as per the statute, which are as per law ordered by the Union Home Ministry in Delhi. These elections have not been held for the last eleven years. As a result this Sikh Parliament has become a Lame Duck Parliament. The Sikh’s all over the world are worried about their democratic rights and practices within THIS (Theocratic Hindu Indian state).
3) In 2015 acts of grave sacrilege of the Sikh scriptures took place by the Akali Dal Badal led by S. Prakash Singh Badal and his son S. Sukhbir Singh. The then Director General of Police Sumaid Singh Saini ordered firing at peaceful protesters in which two Sikhs were killed. The Sikh’s want Justice but for the last 8 years their cry has been in the wilderness.
4) The Shiromani Gurudwara Prabandhak Committee has sold away 328 Sikh holy scriptures for which the Sikh’s are crying for accountability and Justice. The Union Government of the BJP- RSS is not responding to appeals for Justice for the last many years.
5) The Tarn-Taran Sahib Gurudwara is a sacred and historic Sikh place of worship. Maharaja Ranjit Singh’s grandson Kawar Naunehal Singh had had a Deodi (Grand Gateway) constructed but the Shiromani Gurudwara Prabandhak Committee ordered in writing the demolition of this structure of the 19th century, by an Abbot of a doubtful character. The Sikh’s want accountability. This is vandalism and it is a crime.
These are simple and legal problems of the Sikh’s that need redressed but the BJP –RSS Union Government which does not want to address them. These are causing pain all over the Sikh population.
The External Affairs Ministry as depicted above (The Tribune 3rd February 2023) brought to the notice of the Canadian and Australian Governments in Ottawa and Canberra respectively these protest by Sikh’s, whereas the imaging brings forth a peaceful meeting of Sikh’s in Australia discussing these affairs but the Union Government here (Delhi) has sent Hindu mobs holding the Hindu state’s tricolour flag trying to disturb that peaceful Sikh meet. Previously some right wing Hindu’s in Australia have been punished by the law in engaging the Sikh’s in a needless scuffle.
Our party wants Ottawa and Canberra through their respective High Commissions in Delhi to confirm whether what we state is right or wrong? That will solve the problem. After all the Sikh’s are legitimate citizens of the Hindu Indian state and we do not think they should be put in the dock perpetually. The Hindu state’s intelligence services abroad are responsible for all the commotion they stir against the Sikh’s and Muslim’s.
Simranjit Singh Mānn,
Shiromani Akali Dal (Amritsar),
facebook page: @sardarsimranjitsinghmann