The Hindu Indian state needs to change its policies but the UN is working well. Simranjit Singh Mann, Member of Parliament.
The Tribune dated 22nd May 2023.
Comments by Simranjit Singh Mann: Shiromani Akali Dal (Amritsar) states that a bad carpenter always blames his tools. THIS (Theocratic Hindu Indian State) has not a signed and ratified the following UN protocols, treaties, covenants and conventions on Human Rights, some of them being:
1. 1948 Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide.
2. 1951 Convention relating to the Status of Refugees.
3. 1954 Convention relating to Status of Stateless Persons.
4. 1960 Declaration on the Granting of Independence to Colonial Countries and Peoples.
5. 1965 International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination.
6. 1966 Optional Protocol to the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights.
7. 1967 Protocol Relating to the Status of Refugees. It is because there are still 30,000 Sikh Stateless refugees in Kashmir since 1947.
8. 1972 Treaty on the Limitation of Anti-Ballistic Missile System.
9. 1972 Convention Concerning the Protection of the World Cultural and Natural Heritage. If this Convention had been followed, neither the Darbar Sahib, the Golden Temple would not have been reduced to rubble nor the Babri Masjid in 1992.
10. 1984 Convention against Torture and other Cruel Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment.
11. 1984 Safeguard and guaranteeing protection of the Rights of those facing the death penalty.
12. 1995 Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons.
13. 1996 Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty.
14. 1997 Convention on the Prohibition of the Use, Stockpiling, Production and Transfer of anti-Personnel Mines and their Destruction (the Ottawa Convention on the abolition of landmines).
15. 2001 Rome Statute, by virtue of which the International Criminal Court has been set up at The Hague.
16. 2010 The Convention on Cluster Munitions prohibits all use, stockpiling, production and transfer of Cluster Munitions.
Today THIS (Theocratic Hindu Indian State) is holding the G-20 meeting in Kashmir where democracy is dead as the legislature was dissolved in 2019. The status of Jammu & Kashmir as a state of the Union has been reduced to an Union Territory governed directly from Delhi by the extremist BJP-RSS Union Government of Premier Nerendera Modi.
A barbaric law AFSPA (Armed Forces Special Powers Act) is in operation in this Union Territory- AFSPA under which the security services have the power to kill, maim, kidnap, abduct, murder, rape, molest, torture, detain any person for an endless time, with impunity.
This law contravenes Article 21 of the Constitution which states that no person can be deprived of his life and liberty without following the procedure laid down by law. Yet the Supreme Court which is the guardian of the Constitution is not willing to strike this inhuman law and declare it ultra vires the Constitution.
Our party welcomes the delegates of G-20 to Jammu & Kashmir.
There is no room for THIS (Theocratic Hindu Indian State) to be a member of the UNSC. In 1948 the UNSC passed a resolution for a plebiscite in Jammu & Kashmir which has not been honoured till today. In 1984 the Hindu Indian state committed the genocide, memoricide, vandalism and ethnocide of the Sikh peoples with impunity.
In 1992 the Hindu state demolished the Islamic Babri Masjid.
In 2000 former President Bill Clinton visited the Hindu Indian state. During his visit 43 innocent Sikh’s living in village Chithisinghpura of Kashmir were massacred in cold blood by the army. Our Party has gone from pillar to post to seek justice for these innocent massacred Sikh’s, but to no avail. We await Justice and also we await help from Human Rights Bodies.
In 2002 in Gujarat the government committed massacres of Muslims. In 2013 Gujarat state deprived 60,000 Sikh farmers of their legitimately acquired farmlands rendering them landless and homeless.
The Sikhs have been deprived of their democracy as elections to the SGPC (Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee), the Sikh Parliament which came into being in 1925 by an act of law, its elections have not been held for the last twelve years rendering it a Lame Duck Parliament.
Our party hopes that the BJP-RSS Union Government will address these issues before blaming the United Nations whose Commission on Human Rights it does not follow.
Simranjit Singh Mānn,
Shiromani Akali Dal (Amritsar),
facebook page: Kisan Simranjit Singh Mann