THIS (Theocratic Hindu Indian State) does not qualify for a permanent seat in the United Nations Security Council- Simranjit Singh Mann
The Tribune Dated 27th September, 2019
Comments by Simranjit Singh Mann:- Shiromani Akali Dal (Amritsar) states that THIS (Theocratic Hindu Indian State)does not qualify to being a permanent member of the United Nations Security Council. It has since 1947 not implemented any resolution of the Security Council, like the 1948 Security Council resolution for a plebiscite in Kashmir.
Today the Hindu state has dissolved the state of Kashmir into an Union Territory and there is a complete lock down in Kashmir since 5th August 2019 and the Kashmiri peoples are being subjected to barbaric and heinous crimes committed by the army and security forces. The Supreme Court which is the guardian of the Constitution is not taking cognizance of the breach of fundamental rights and the crimes being committed on the minority Muslim population.
We give below the rest of UN covenants, protocols and treaties which have neither been signed nor ratified:
- 1948 Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide.
- 1951 Convention relating to the Status of Refugees.
- 1954 Convention relating to Status of Stateless Persons.
- 1960 Declaration on the Granting of Independence to Colonial Countries and Peoples.
- 1965 International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination.
- 1966 Optional Protocol to the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights.
- 1967 Protocol Relating to the Status of Refugees. It is because there are still 30,000 Sikh Stateless refugees in Kashmir since 1947.
- 1972 Treaty on the Limitation of Anti-Ballistic Missile System.
- 1972 Convention Concerning the Protection of the World Cultural and Natural Heritage. If this Convention had been followed, neither the Darbar Sahib, the Golden Temple would not have been reduced to rubble nor the Babri Masjid in 1992.
- 1984 Convention against Torture and other Cruel Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment.
- 1984 Safeguard and guaranteeing protection of the Rights of those facing the death penalty.
- 1995 Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons.
- 1996 Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty.
- 1997 Convention on the Prohibition of the Use, Stockpiling, Production and Transfer of anti-Personnel Mines and their Destruction (the Ottawa Convention on the abolition of landmines).
- 2001 Rome Statute, by virtue of which the International Criminal Court has been set up at The Hague.
- 2010 The Convention on Cluster Munitions prohibits all use, stockpiling, production and transfer of Cluster Munitions.
In 1984 the Hindu Indian state marched its troops along with the armies of Britian and the Soviets into the Holiest Sikh shrine Darbar Sahib (Golden Temple) and massacred 26,000 innocent Sikh Pilgrims, besides assassinating the new Sikh leadership under Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindrawale. Subsequent to this 1984 holocaust the Hindu Indian state committed the genocide of the Sikh peoples all over the country. All these crimes have been committed with impunity and the stateless Sikhs are yet to receive justice.
In 1992 the Hindu Indian state destroyed the Islamic mosque, the Babri Masjid.
In 2002 when Mr Narender Modi was the Chief Minister of Gujarat he had over 2000 Muslims massacred in cold blood and their womenfolk raped publicly by his BJP- RSS scalawags. What was worse is that Mr Modi had these gory scenes video-graphed for posterity. If this was not enough Mr Modi in the capacity as Chief Minister of Gujarat had 60,000 Sikh farmers evicted from their legitimately acquired farmlands and committed the act of ethnic cleansing of the Sikh minority from Gujarat in 2013. All these acts of Mr Modi have been committed with impunity. And now the abrogation of the Kashmiri people’s autonomy just about takes the cake.
This year in 2019 as the Hindu Indian state becomes stronger, it is becoming more theocratic. It has started a National Register of Citizens in which the names of 19.6 lakh Muslims have been documented. These documented Muslims are to be kept in Detention Centers, much like the Nazi Concentration Camps in World War-II. Would the United Nations allow such a country to be a member of the Security Council which has and is committing such horrendous crimes against Humanity?
Japan has also been suggested to become a member of the UN Security Council. Though Japan is a modern state but it is throwing all its nuclear waste into the Pacific Ocean, besides this, despite an International ban on killing whales, it has begun slaughtering these mammals. We do not think that with these shortcomings, Japan qualifies for a seat in the Security Council.
Amongst the proposed countries for a membership of the Security Council, we are of the opinion that only Germany qualifies for this privileged seat as its record on Human Rights is almost perfect.
Simranjit Singh Mann,
Shiromani Akali Dal (Amritsar)
facebook page- @sardarsimranjitsinghmann