Sovereignty has limits. It is not absolute. US must see before it leaps. – Simranjit Singh Mānn
The Tribune Dated 05th March, 2021
Comments by Simranjit Singh Mann: Shiromani Akali Dal (Amritsar) states that Spokes Person like Mr. Ned Price of the State Department of US must be informed that sovereignty is not absolute. There are International Humanitarian laws which THIS (Theocratic Hindu Indian State) has not signed or ratified. For example the treaties, statutes, covenants and conventions of the United Nations such as:
1. 1948 Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide.
2. 1951 Convention relating to the Status of Refugees.
3. 1954 Convention relating to Status of Stateless Persons.
4. 1960 Declaration on the Granting of Independence to Colonial Countries and Peoples.
5. 1965 International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination.
6. 1966 Optional Protocol to the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights.
7. 1967 Protocol Relating to the Status of Refugees. It is because there are still 30,000 Sikh Stateless refugees in Kashmir since 1947.
8. 1972 Treaty on the Limitation of Anti-Ballistic Missile System.
9. 1972 Convention Concerning the Protection of the World Cultural and Natural Heritage. If this Convention had been followed, neither the Darbar Sahib, the Golden Temple would not have been reduced to rubble nor the Babri Masjid in 1992.
10. 1984 Convention against Torture and other Cruel Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment.
11. 1984 Safeguard and guaranteeing protection of the Rights of those facing the death penalty.
12. 1995 Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons.
13. 1996 Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty.
14. 1997 Convention on the Prohibition of the Use, Stockpiling, Production and Transfer of anti-Personnel Mines and their Destruction (the Ottawa Convention on the abolition of landmines).
15. 2001 Rome Statute, by virtue of which the International Criminal Court has been set up at The Hague.
16. 2010 The Convention on Cluster Munitions prohibits all use, stockpiling, production and transfer of Cluster Munitions.
The Hindu Indian State has in simple words become an International pariah and International bodies have begun downgrading the Hindu state’s image in freedom of expression and denial of religious freedom to the minorities, schedule caste’s and adavasis or tribals. This is what the Freedom House states as below:
The Hindu Indian state has committed the genocide of the Sikh Peoples and denied the Sikh’s their religious freedom which we have reported to the US International Commission of Religious Freedom and the State Department and other Human Rights bodies.
It is well that the US has made sale of weaponry worth $ 20 billion to THIS (Theocratic Hindu Indian State). But we are sorry to state that all this weaponry is a waste as militaries cannot fight when there is internal and communal strife. Democracy functions in name only and what is democracy if there is no rule of law, Principles of Natural Justice, safe guard of Human Rights, secularism and Justice for all.
The US can arm the majoritarian Hindu state to the teeth but the end result would be like the Italian military in World War II where the soldiers and officers raised their hands in surrender before the first shot was fired by the Allies. We do hope the new Administration of President Joe Biden will see the insides of the Hindu state before passing a judgment on its sovereignty or greatness.
Facta non Verba.
Simranjit Singh Mānn,
Shiromani Akali Dal (Amritsar),
facebook page: @sardarsimranjitsinghmann