Hindu India cannot preside morally over UNSC Committees as it has committed barbaric crimes against humanity – Genocide, Memoricide, Vandalism and Ethnocide. UNSC must note. – Simranjit Singh Mānn
The Tribune Dated 09th January, 2021
Comments by Simranjit Singh Mann: Shiromani Akali Dal (Amritsar) states that our Party does not think that the Hindu Indian state is fit to preside over any committee or chair the UN Security Council’s sanctioned Committees on Taliban and Libya. The Hindu state has committed heinous Human Rights excesses against the Muslims.
The Committees on Taliban and Libya must be one which has no prejudice against Muslims. The Hindu Indian state has from the outset been against the minorities, schedule castes and Adivasis or Tribal’s.
As per this biased Hindu state, it has vandalized the Islamic Babri Masjid at Ayodhya in 1992 and in 2019 by a biased verdict of the Supreme Court headed by Chief Justice Gogoi converted the Islamic Mosque into a Hindu Temple. Chief Justice Gogoi was given sinecure by the BJP- RSS Union Government of Premier Nerandra Modi and nominated to the Council of States, the Upper House of the Parliament. Later, last year in 2020 Premier Nerandra Modi breaking all principles of the constitutionally held views on secularism laid the foundation stone of the Hindu Temple at Ayodhya.
This very Hindu state on 5th August 2019 abrogated the Constitutional status of Article 370 and 35 A of the Muslim majority state of Jammu and Kashmir, dissolved its popularly elected legislature and reduced the status of a state of the Union to that of an Union Territory, now directly ruled and governed by the Union Government of the radicalized BJP- RSS led by Premier Nerandra Modi.
Jammu and Kashmir are now governed by the barbaric law AFSPA (Armed forces special powers) which empowers the security forces to kill, maim, torture, molest, rape, kidnap, abduct and detain a Kashmiri indefinitely, all with impunity.
The Hindu Indian state has legislated laws through which Muslims and minorities will lose their citizenship under the law CAA (Citizenship Amendment Act), NPR(National Population Register) and NRC (National Register of Citizens).
Currently in the state of Assam 19, 60,000 Muslims are living in detention centre’s. What will become of these detainees is not known as what happened to Jews and others in Concentration Camps in Nazi Germany is known. Their fate hangs in limbo.
Since this Committee will also debate the Afghanistan issue we would ask the Hindu state to inform us what action it has taken in the massacre of 25 Sikhs in Kabul 25th March, 2020?
In 2002, Mr. Nerandra Modi was the Chief Minister of Gujarat, when the state Government of this state carried out the massacres of over 2000 innocent Muslims. The Hindu Indian state took no action against Mr. Nerandra Modi but the US and UK abrogated the visas to their respective countries of Mr. Modi.
In 1984, Premier Indira Gandhi in connivance with the fanatic Hindu BJP- RSS sent in the troops of her armed forces in tandem with the forces of Britain and the Soviet’s into the holiest Sikh shrine the Darbar Sahib (Golden Temple) committing acts of genocide, memoricide, vandalism and ethnocide of the Sikh peoples, all with impunity. Later that very year of 1984 Indira Gandhi’s son Rajiv Gandhi as Premier ordered the genocide of the Sikh peoples all over the Hindu Indian state, again with impunity.
Besides the other acts of state terrorism, which cannot be tabulated in this statement, our Party wonders how by moral standards the United Nations Security Council has nominated the Hindu state for the UNSC Committees as the Hindu Indian state has not honoured the Security Council’s Resolution of 1948 ordering a plebiscite in Kashmir?
Our Party seeks an explanation from the UNSC how the Hindu Indian state has been placed on Committees to deal with Libya and the Taliban when the Hindu state has not signed and ratified the following Covenants, Statutes, Conventions and Treaties of the United Nations:
1. 1948 Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide.
2. 1951 Convention relating to the Status of Refugees.
3. 1954 Convention relating to Status of Stateless Persons.
4. 1960 Declaration on the Granting of Independence to Colonial Countries and Peoples.
5. 1965 International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination.
6. 1966 Optional Protocol to the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights.
7. 1967 Protocol Relating to the Status of Refugees. It is because there are still 30,000 Sikh Stateless refugees in Kashmir since 1947.
8. 1972 Treaty on the Limitation of Anti-Ballistic Missile System.
9. 1972 Convention Concerning the Protection of the World Cultural and Natural Heritage. If this Convention had been followed, neither the Darbar Sahib, the Golden Temple would not have been reduced to rubble nor the Babri Masjid in 1992.
10. 1984 Convention against Torture and other Cruel Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment.
11. 1984 Safeguard and guaranteeing protection of the Rights of those facing the death penalty.
12. 1995 Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons.
13. 1996 Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty.
14. 1997 Convention on the Prohibition of the Use, Stockpiling, Production and Transfer of anti-Personnel Mines and their Destruction (the Ottawa Convention on the abolition of landmines).
15. 2001 Rome Statute, by virtue of which the International Criminal Court has been set up at The Hague.
16. 2010 The Convention on Cluster Munitions prohibits all use, stockpiling, production and transfer of Cluster Munitions.
It would be a great injustice to the Sikh’s and Global people if the Hindu Indian state is allowed to preside over Committees of the UNSC. In the statement our Party has spelled out with facts and figures that the present Hindu Indian state is not worthy to head such committees of the UNSC.
Facta non Verba.
Simranjit Singh Mānn,
Shiromani Akali Dal (Amritsar),
facebook page: @sardarsimranjitsinghmann