The Tribune 4th January 2019
The Tribune 4th January 2019
Comments by Simranjit Singh Mann-
Shiromani Akali Dal (Amritsar) states that THIS ( Theocratic Hindu Indian State’s) has not signed the NPT and CTBT protocols that forbid the spread of nuclear weapons.
It has also not signed the following Human Rights protocols, covenants and treaties:
1. 1948 Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide.
2. 1951 Convention relating to the Status of Refugees.
3. 1954 Convention relating to Status of Stateless Persons.
4. 1960 Declaration on the Granting of Independence to Colonial Countries and Peoples.
5. 1965 International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination.
6. 1966 Optional Protocol to the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights.
7. 1967 Protocol Relating to the Status of Refugees. It is because there are still 30,000 Sikh Stateless refugees in Kashmir since 1947.
8. 1972 Treaty on the Limitation of Anti-Ballistic Missile System.
9. 1972 Convention Concerning the Protection of the World Cultural and Natural Heritage. If this Convention had been followed, neither the Darbar Sahib, the Golden Temple would not have been reduced to rubble nor the Babri Masjid in 1992.
10. 1984 Convention against Torture and other Cruel Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment.
11. 1984 Safeguard and guaranteeing protection of the Rights of those facing the death penalty.
12. 1995 Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons.
13. 1996 Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty.
14. 1997 Convention on the Prohibition of the Use, Stockpiling, Production and Transfer of anti-Personnel Mines and their Destruction (the Ottawa Convention on the abolition of landmines).
15. 2001 Rome Statute, by virtue of which the International Criminal Court has been set up at the Hague.
16. 2010 The Convention on Cluster Munitions prohibits all use, stockpiling, production and transfer of Cluster Munitions.
What is worse is that the Hindu state has committed the genocide of the Sikh peoples with impunity. In 2013 present Premier Narinder Modi was the Chief Minister of Gujarat when he ethnically cleansed 60,000 Sikh farmers from Gujarat who had legal deeds to their farmlands and properties.
Presently the Hindu state’s armed forces enjoy immunity from the law- AFSPA (Armed Forces Special Powers Act), whereby the armed forces can kill, rape, torture, detain, kidnap, abduct, maim and no questions are asked. Even the Supreme Court which is bound by law to protect the Constitution looks the other way as these abominable crimes are being committed on the Kashmiri Muslim minority.
The ruling BJP-RSS party of Premier Narinder Modi wants to fight the coming parliamentary elections on the plank of building a Hindu Temple at Ajodhya at the very site where the Islamic Babri Masjid stood which was demolished and vandalised by senior BJP-RSS leaders in 1992 without facing the consequences of the law.
The Constitution of the Hindu state states that it is a secular state but when might is right we suppose Constitutional propriety means nothing.
Therefore, our party is against the Hindu state acquiring the membership of NSG.
Simranjit Singh Mann