Comments by Simranjit Singh Mann:
Shiromani Akali Dal Amritsar states that since after the British colonial rule of the Indian sub-continent ended and with the transfer of power to the Muslim’s who formed the Islamic state of Pakistan and the Hindu’s who formed THIS Theocratic Hindu Indian State there has been no room for the minorities, Dalits and Tribals to be elevated to the Supreme Court. That is why Mr. K M Joseph who was recommended for elevation to the Supreme Court by its collegium has not been considered fit to get to the Supreme Court as he is a Christian. However we wish Judge Indu Malhotra good luck and we hope she will consider the following UN treaties, covenants and protocols for including them in formulating them into the country’s laws. These are as follows:
1. 1948 Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide.
2. 1951 Convention relating to the Status of Refugees.
3. 1954 Convention relating to Status of Stateless Persons.
4. 1960 Declaration on the Granting of Independence to Colonial Countries and Peoples.
5. 1965 International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination.
6. 1966 Optional Protocol to the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights.
7. 1967 Protocol Relating to the Status of Refugees. It is because there are still 30,000 Sikh Stateless refugees in Kashmir since 1947.
8. 1972 Treaty on the Limitation of Anti-Ballistic Missile System.
9. 1972 Convention Concerning the Protection of the World Cultural and Natural Heritage. If this Convention had been followed, neither the Darbar Sahib, (the Golden Temple at Amritsar) nor Babri Masjid would have been reduced to rubble. Presently the Taj Mahal is in danger of being pulled down by the same fanatics who have destroyed the monuments mentioned above. 10. 1984 Convention against Torture and other Cruel Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment.
11. 1984 Safeguard and guaranteeing protection of the Rights of those facing the death penalty.
12. 1995 Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons.
13. 1996 Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty.
14. 1997 Convention on the Prohibition of the Use, Stockpiling, Production and Transfer of anti-Personnel Mines and their Destruction (the Ottawa Convention on the abolition of landmines).
15. 2001 Rome Statute, by virtue of which the International Criminal Court has been set up at the Hague.
2010 The Convention on Cluster Munitions prohibits all use, stockpiling, production and transfer of Cluster Munitions.
Simranjit Singh Mann