Indian Express 13th September 2017
Comments by Simranjit Singh Mann:
Shiromani Akali Dal (Amritsar) states that the Hindu state should not forget that its present government is working hard to turn this state into a theocratic state and bent upon turning the minorities the Sikh’s, Muslim’s, Christian’s and Dalits into second class citizens. What is the Hindu state’s military doing in Kashmir? Killing, abducting, kidnapping, raping and making Kashmiri’s disappear without leaving a trail, maiming and torturing and the worst is that THIS (Theocratic Hindu Indian State) has legalised all these beastly and inhuman acts through the harsh legislated draconian law AFSPA (Armed Forces Special Powers Act). The Sikh’s have been subjected to the perpetration of the crime of genocide with impunity.
The fact is that the Hindu state wishes to become a member of the UN Security Council but it has not ratified the following UN treaties, covenants and protocols:
UN Human Rights treaties, protocols and covenants:-
- 1948 Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide.
- 1951 Convention relating to the Status of Refugees.
- 1954 Convention relating to Status of Stateless Persons.
- 1960 Declaration on the Granting of Independence to Colonial Countries and Peoples.
- 1965 International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination.
- 1966 Optional Protocol to the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights.
- 1967 Protocol Relating to the Status of Refugees. It is because there are still 30,000 Sikh Stateless refugees in Kashmir since 1947.
- 1972 Treaty on the Limitation of Anti-Ballistic Missile System.
- 1972 Convention Concerning the Protection of the World Cultural and Natural Heritage. If this Convention had been followed, neither the Darbar Sahib, (the Golden Temple at Amritsar) nor Babri Masjid would have been reduced to rubble. Presently the Taj Mahal is in danger of being pulled down by the same fanatics who have destroyed the monuments mentioned above. 10. 1984 Convention against Torture and other Cruel Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment.
- 1984 Safeguard and guaranteeing protection of the Rights of those facing the death penalty.
- 1995 Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons.
- 1996 Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty.
- 1997 Convention on the Prohibition of the Use, Stockpiling, Production and Transfer of anti-Personnel Mines and their Destruction (the Ottawa Convention on the abolition of landmines).
- 2001 Rome Statute, by virtue of which the International Criminal Court has been set up at the Hague.
- 2010 The Convention on Cluster Munitions prohibits all use, stockpiling, production and transfer of Cluster Munitions.
How will the Hindu state’s Foreign Office explain all these failings and aberrations to the United Nations High Commissioner of Human Rights Mr. Zeid Ra’ad Al Hussuin. The Sikh’s live in beastly times and as the English philosopher Hobbe’s said our (Sikh’s) lives are nasty brutish and short. Premier Narinder Modi on his visit to Burma did not condemn the ethnic cleansing of the Rohingya’s. And will the Hindu state’s Foreign Office explain why Burmese leader Aung San Suu Kyi is not attending the UN General Assembly. THIS (Theocratic Hindu Indian State) will also have to explain why Mr. Narinder Modi as Chief Minister of Gujarat had 2000 innocent Muslim’s massacred in Gujarat in 2002 and why has he not been brought before the law so far? In 2013 in the same capacity as Chief Minister of Gujarat Mr. Modi dispossessed 60,000 Sikh farmers of their legitimately held farmlands, again with impunity. We do think all these barbaric acts and intent to push the Rohingyas back into Bangladesh by the Hindu state is evil and against international laws and practices of humanity.
Simranjit Singh Mann (firstname.lastname@example.org)