Before criticizing the United Nations THIS (Theocratic Hindu Indian State) should look at its own record of disobedience of the UN treaties, protocols, statutes, conventions and the UN Security Council Resolution of 1948 for a plebiscite in Kashmir.-Simranjit Singh Mānn
The Tribune Dated 18 November 2020.
Comments by Simranjit Singh Mann: Shiromani Akali Dal (Amritsar) states that before criticizing the role of United Nations the Hindu Indian state should have a look at its own performance and record. The Hindu state has not signed and ratified the following UN Human Rights treaties, protocols statutes covenants and the UN Security Council Resolution of 1948 for a plebiscite in Kashmir : below we mention the omissions of the Hindu state:-
1. 1948 Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide.
2. 1951 Convention relating to the Status of Refugees.
3. 1954 Convention relating to Status of Stateless Persons.
4. 1960 Declaration on the Granting of Independence to Colonial Countries and Peoples.
5. 1965 International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination.
6. 1966 Optional Protocol to the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights.
7. 1967 Protocol Relating to the Status of Refugees. It is because there are still 30,000 Sikh Stateless refugees in Kashmir since 1947.
8. 1972 Treaty on the Limitation of Anti-Ballistic Missile System.
9. 1972 Convention Concerning the Protection of the World Cultural and Natural Heritage. If this Convention had been followed, neither the Darbar Sahib, the Golden Temple would not have been reduced to rubble nor the Babri Masjid in 1992.
10. 1984 Convention against Torture and other Cruel Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment.
11. 1984 Safeguard and guaranteeing protection of the Rights of those facing the death penalty.
12. 1995 Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons.
13. 1996 Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty.
14. 1997 Convention on the Prohibition of the Use, Stockpiling, Production and Transfer of anti-Personnel Mines and their Destruction (the Ottawa Convention on the abolition of landmines).
15. 2001 Rome Statute, by virtue of which the International Criminal Court has been set up at the Hague.
2010 The Convention on Cluster Munitions prohibits all use, stockpiling, production and transfer of Cluster Munitions.
Besides these omissions the Hindu state has expelled Amnesty International from its country. A full scale repression of the Kashmiri Muslims is being perpetrated against this helpless minority with impunity. All International bodies which have been setup to fight against Violations of Human Rights, have adopted a pin drop silence, we think that morality of the UN and democratic world has gone to sleep. Will somebody give it a nudge?
Simranjit Singh Mānn,
Shiromani Akali Dal (Amritsar),
facebook page: @sardarsimranjitsinghmann