THIS (Theocratic Hindu Indian State) not fit for membership of the United Nations Security Council. Simranjit Singh Mann.
The Tribune dated 23rd September 2022.
Comments by Simranjit Singh Mann: Shiromani Akali Dal (Amritsar) states that the Shiromani Akali Dal (Amritsar) has always supported the resolutions of the Security Council as our party fundamentally believes in democracy and its instruments like elections, referendums and plebiscites.
But we are as a democratic party, horrified to know from this news that President Joe Biden has supported the Hindu Indian bid to become a member of the United Nations Security Council (UNSC).
We wish to state that the Hindu Indian state has not accepted and implemented the UN resolution for a plebiscite in Kashmir in 1948. Therefore, it would be inadvisable for making the Hindu Indian state a member of the United Nations Security Council (UNSC).
Here we may also add that the Hindu Indian state has not heeded United Nation Security Council Resolution 1172 and not signed CTBT Comprehensive Test Band Treaty, and The Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, and FMCT. Resolution 1172 was brought about by US, France, UK, Russia and China. This act of defiance by the Hindu state provoked the ire of US Democratic Party and President Bill Clinton who was scheduled to visit Hindu India, but cancelled that visit and visited Communist China instead and asked Communist China to contribute to South Asian stability. Now inviting Hindu India to become a member of UNSC would be entirely in defiance of Democratic Party and US policy .
Further more it has also not accepted the following UN treaties, protocols, covenants and conventions on Human Rights, some of them being:
1. 1948 Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide.
2. 1951 Convention relating to the Status of Refugees.
3. 1954 Convention relating to Status of Stateless Persons.
4. 1960 Declaration on the Granting of Independence to Colonial Countries and Peoples.
5. 1965 International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination.
6. 1966 Optional Protocol to the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights.
7. 1967 Protocol Relating to the Status of Refugees. It is because there are still 30,000 Sikh Stateless refugees in Kashmir since 1947.
8. 1972 Treaty on the Limitation of Anti-Ballistic Missile System.
9. 1972 Convention Concerning the Protection of the World Cultural and Natural Heritage. If this Convention had been followed, neither the Darbar Sahib, the Golden Temple would not have been reduced to rubble nor the Babri Masjid in 1992.
10. 1984 Convention against Torture and other Cruel Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment.
11. 1984 Safeguard and guaranteeing protection of the Rights of those facing the death penalty.
12. 1995 Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons.
13. 1996 Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty.
14. 1997 Convention on the Prohibition of the Use, Stockpiling, Production and Transfer of anti-Personnel Mines and their Destruction (the Ottawa Convention on the abolition of landmines).
15. 2001 Rome Statute, by virtue of which the International Criminal Court has been set up at The Hague.
16. 2010 The Convention on Cluster Munitions prohibits all use, stockpiling, production and transfer of Cluster Munitions.
As a result of the Hindu Indian states attitude towards peace and democracy is stained in the blood of the Sikhs who have been victims of genocide, memoricide, vandalism and ethnocide since 1947 and the worst was in 1984.
The Sikhs have a statutory law of 1925 in which they got the democratic right to vote for their parliament, the SGPC (Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee). Prior to this European, American and other democratic countries did not give the women the right to vote but the 1925 edict gave this right to Sikh women, making them equal to males.
We state that the Hindu Indian state, its Union Government has not held elections to the Sikh Parliament-SGPC for the last eleven years for which our party has been agitating peacefully and democratically.
Besides this when Mr. Narinder Modi was the Chief Minister of Gujarat in 2002, his Government committed the massacres of Muslims, all with impunity.
Then in the same capacity of Chief Minister of Gujarat Mr. Narinder Modi in 2013 took away the land rights of 60 thousands Sikh farmers in Gujarat, rendering them homeless and landless.
The US under its law abrogated the visa of Mr. Narinder Modi for such acts.
In 1992 RSS-BJP mobs led by Mr. L.K. Advani pulled down the historic mosque of the Muslims-Babri Masjid and later by bribing the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court Mr. Ranjan Gogoi who gave a ruling that the Babri Masjid was an ancient Hindu Temple. For this award Mr. Gogoi was given an un-contested seat to the Upper House of Parliament the Council of State’s. This was again done Mr. Narinder Modi in his capacity as Prime Minister. Presently a Hindu Temple is being built on the site of the Babri Masjid at Ayodhya.
The Union Government of the BJP-RSS has legislated draconian laws like AFSPA (Armed Forces Special Powers Act) in Kashmir where the Hindu Indian army has the right to kill, maim, kidnap, abduct, murder, rape, molest, torture, detain any person for an endless time, with impunity.
This law contravenes Article 21 of the Constitution which states that no person can be deprived of his life and liberty without following the procedure laid down by law. Yet the Supreme Court which is the guardian of the Constitution is not willing to strike this inhuman law and declare it ultra vires the Constitution.
Besides this inhuman law the following laws have also been promulgated by the BJP-RSS and Mr. Modi’s Union Government against the Muslims, which are: CAA (The Citizenship Amendment Bill), NRC (The National Register of Citizens) and NPR (The National Population Register).
In the last analysis the Hindu Indian state is not fit to be a member of the Union Security Council as we print below a news printed in The Tribune dated 23rd September 2022 in which the Hindu state does not favour even a referendum which has been carried out twice in Britain and once in Spain. Now the Tribune News below:
Our party therefore is fearful that if the Hindu Indian state is given a seat on the UN High Table the minorities in this country who live a life of uncertain and fear, would further be alienated from democracy, rule of law and Principles of Natural Justice.
We do hope the countries in the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) will look through our party’s report and not allow such a state which does not respect the Human Rights, and the democracy to become a member of the Security Council which formulates peace and safeguards of Human Rights.
Simranjit Singh Mann,
Shiromani Akali Dal (Amritsar).
Facebook page: @sardarsimranjitsinghmann